Sunday, June 1, 2008

The world's greatest writers are all drunks and fighters...

I thought since my last post was art of my characters by someone other than me, I'd give you all a show of some others' work! First two are from Jared Lipscomb, click him on my peeps sidebar to check out his stuff.




First we have a character whose name I can NEVER decide on. His hero name, however, has been firmly planted as Warhowl. He is the captain of a ship and a loyal crew. An American astronaut sucked into a wormhole and unknowingly through a hidden planet where he was imbued with gravimetric super powers.


Here is Rennek of the Old Ways, as seen in my first post (Please, go back and check it out! I love the piece I did of him! I was proud!). Rennek was the first alien friend and war buddy of our main man Warhowl. Prince rennek becomes what I'd been calling "honorbound" to Warhowl for saving his people from a genocidal king, General God King Kor of the Fine Hair. I think if I can ever actually script some meat to the story, it could be a lot of fun.


So Jason sent me some more art of my characters. I LOVE collaborating. It's fun. Again, he is skilled in taking my characters and giving them a little more life, but still being what I was going for.

I will update this soon with comparisons of the sketches I gave him.



Bloody Bill Wade with his less savory alter ego, The Sadist looming in the background. All of the DSA heroes are government agents, so I designed them all with utility belts. I like my heroes having gear. Honestly, I've only created three gadgets for them, but still!

The beginning of the Judge. I like the Judge, so I hope this finishes up well. The face is definitely good. He looks upset, no?

This is my heavy hitter type villain, Rama Amon. Idea here is that he is a long forgotten Egyptian harvester of souls, erased from their history for his plans to utilize his army of souls for sort of a Coup De'Tat against the Elder Gods. I like him, and here he looks suitably detached.


This guy is tentatively known as Ominous. He is created from the reanimated flesh of a zombie. It's one of those silly comic book things that makes no sense, and why I love comics as a form of art and entertainment.


I hope you guys enjoyed the work of my fellow artists as much as I do.

No comments: