Thursday, February 14, 2008

But you can't just get in line again...

Alrighty, rock and roll here we go.

I recently got a new little sketchbook, and I was pretty excited to bust it out. The images that are kind of yellow are from the sketchbook. It's hardback so scanning from it is kind of lame.



Here we have Julio as he is typically seen. Without skin. I never drew the shirt torn up like that, but I thought it was important to see his spine and pelvis, otherwise with the baggy wifebeater he looks really rectangular.

Yes, for the love of Mike it's right side up... Everybody turns this one upside down to look at it. He's hanging. Like Spidey. Bill Wade can stretch like Mr. Fantastic and he's a smidge more on the paranoid/schizophrenic/homicidal side.
Cutesy Julio. Not too much to say, other than I like it. It's a few years old, but I was really happy with the body shape, and I think it casts a pretty neat silhouette.
This is Dave Dunn, AKA The World. Despite his size and the fact that he is made entirely out of granite and obsidian, not to mention being able to bench press a fully loaded city bus, he's a pacifist. He's intended to be a scientist type character, spending most of his time behind a computer screen. I like the duality of it.
This was quite literally my first serious attempt at perspective. I really like it. I could make it a little better by exaggerating the foreshortening, but I still really like it. I wanted to add a background of a bar with him being circled by thugs and cholos.

Mister Millenium, who has the power to roll back time by an incredible five seconds. When you can move as fast as a speeding bullet, it's honestly a lot more impressive than it sounds. I am really proud of this one. No "if"s or "but"s. I like it a lot.

No comments: